According to a recent physician satisfaction survey conducted by the Harris County Medical Society, Texas Children’s is the highest ranking hospital in Harris County. Wow! Needless to say, this is an amazing accomplishment and a testament to the exceptional quality of work we do across our system every day.
There were more than 3,900 responses to the survey conducted last fall, providing results for 26 hospitals in the Greater Houston area. The survey results for Texas Children’s were incredible, with our West Campus and Medical Center Campus ranking in the no. 1 and 2 spots for overall satisfaction, as well as in the following categories:
- Having error prevention policies and systems
- Encouraging the reporting of medical errors
- Quality of nursing staff
- Communication about compliance with standards
- Physician input into quality measures
When it came to reputation, we outranked our competitors across the board:
- 92% of physicians rated Texas Children’s reputation as favorable, the highest percentage among all 26 hospitals.
- 86% of physicians said they would likely refer patients to Texas Children’s, placing us at the top of the list in a tie with MD Anderson.
- With a net promoter score of 50, we outranked every other institution on the list when physicians were asked their likelihood to recommend a facility.
Texas Children’s Hospital and Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus were also at or very near the top of the remaining survey categories, including error prevention, priority of patient safety, post-discharge communication, and quality of nursing and support staff. Having our hospitals lead the pack in so many areas speaks volumes. It demonstrates our focus on consistently exceptional care across our system. And I feel confident that once our campus at The Woodlands becomes part of the survey, we will see similar results.
Our relationships with area physicians is critical to our mission of providing access to the children who need us most. These results attest to the relationships we have built and continue to nurture with physicians in Houston and beyond. And they also speak to physicians’ trust of the Texas Children’s brand. I am so thankful for all of the work you do every single day to strengthen our brand, locally and across the state and country, and to ensure we provide the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Please see the survey results and other comparison reports by clicking the links below:
- Report on the general reputation of the hospital system
- Texas Children’s Hospital Report 2017 vs 2016
- Texas Children’s West Campus Hospital Report 2017 vs 2016